How do I load a .mobi eBook file onto my Kindle Paperwhite?
If you want to load a .mobi eBook file you have purchased from a source other than Amazon.com onto your Kindle Paperwhite, you will need to sideload it. Sideloading is simply a fancy term for copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto your eReader. Here are two methods for sideloading a Barking Rain Press .mobi eBook file onto your Kindle Paperwhite:
Method 1: Using a computer:
- Using a mini USB to USB cord, connect the Kindle Paperwhite to a computer.
- Download the eBook file onto your computer.
- Using a file explorer program, open up the Kindle (it will show as a temporary drive). Also open the folder on the computer with the file.
- Drag the eBook file from the computer to the Kindle Paperwhite “Books” directory.
- Follow your computer’s procedure for disconnecting peripheral devices. The book will now be available in the Kindle Paperwhite’s “Books” tab.
Method 2: Using Calibre:
- Here is a link to a video tutorial.
Posted in: eBook FAQ