How do I load a .mobi eBook file onto my Kindle Fire?
If you want to load a .mobi eBook file you have purchased from a source other than Amazon.com onto your Kindle Fire, you will need to sideload it. Sideloading is simply a fancy term for copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto your eReader. Here are two methods for sideloading a Barking Rain Press .mobi eBook file onto your Kindle Fire:
Method 1: Using a computer (easiest):
- Using a mini USB to USB cord, connect the Kindle Fire to a computer.
- Download the eBook file onto your computer.
- Using a file explorer program, open up the Kindle (it will show as a temporary drive). Also open the folder on the computer with the file.
- Drag the eBook file from the computer to the Kindle Fire “Books” directory.
- Follow your computer’s procedure for disconnecting peripheral devices. The book will now be available in the Kindle Fire’s “Books” tab.
Method 2: Using only the Kindle Fire:
- Download the eBook file to the Kindle Fire using either the browser or via email.
- Download and install a file explorer program, such as ES File Explorer from Amazon APP market (it’s free).
- Using the file explorer find the book file (it will be in the main Kindle directory) and copy it (press and hold the icon until the sub-menu pops up).
- Go to the “Books” folder.
- Paste the file (with ES Explorer you will need to select “Operations,” then hit paste).
- Power Kindle Fire off and back on.
- Book should be in the Books tab.
Posted in: eBook FAQ