How do I load an .ePub file onto my Kobo Aura eReader?
If you want to load an .ePub eBook file you have purchased from a source other than the Kobo store onto your Kobo Aura eReader, you will need to sideload it. Sideloading is simply a fancy term for copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto an eReader device. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to sideload a Barking Rain Press .ePub eBook file onto your Kobo Aura eReader:
Adding books or PDFs using your computer
- Download the .ePub file and save it on your desktop or someplace on your computer you can easily access.
- On a Windows computer, connect your eReader to your computer using Kobo-provided USB cable.
- Tap “Connect” on your Kobo eReader.
- When Windows prompts you for an action, click “Open folder” to view files. A desktop explorer window will open, showing the contents of your eReader.
- Open a second desktop explorer window and display the eBooks you want to add to your Kobo eReader.
- Drag and drop your books into the Kobo eReader contents folder.
Click here to access more detailed instructions for adding content to your Kobo Aura eReader
Posted in: eBook FAQ